Intern - Associate Systems Analyst (Bachelor's Degree) - Multiple Locations
- Austin, TX, USA
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our summer intern program runs for 12 weeks, May - September. Past job duties and projects have included:
- Managing databases
- Supporting applications and middleware technologies.
- Defining and implementing alert management rules.
- Analyzing current processes and helping to identify process improvements.
- Updating the web portal to make it more intuitive and useful.
- Defining and implementing metrics for use by various levels of management.
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
Associate Systems Analyst Interns will be placed in one of the following Technology Organization teams. Here is a list and brief descriptions:
- Operations + Infrastructure: For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Network Processing: At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. The team is building the long-term architecture on architecture on open platforms and commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration and innovation through co- development.
- Corporate IT: Build, operate and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Experience in working with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle DB’s, DML’s, DDL’s and Stored Proc is preferred
- Proficient with MS Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of Agile project management, SDLC, ITIL, risk management, quality engineering
- Working knowledge and / or experience in configurable SaaS applications
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into system requirements
- Working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging and escalation procedures
- Ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations
- Strong analytical and automation skill set to innovate and transform the traditional operational model
- Work experience in .Net, Java and Windows Scripts technologies
- Experience with BMC Remedy and ticketing workflows is preferred
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous
- Highly driven, inventive and results oriented
- Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.