Resourcing Manager (Fixed Term, 12 months) - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Visa Managed Services
Visa Managed Services is a new initiative undertaken by Visa Consulting & Analytics, providing clients with the benefit of Visa expertise by placing dedicated, knowledgeable resources into our client sites. This strategic initiative will bring value to our clients by ensuring the execution of long-term projects or through managing an augmented Visa capability deployed with built-in quality assurance, governance and tools that will enhance success chances.
If you think you could support Visa as a Resourcing Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The creation of this business unit has shaped a unique and exciting opportunity for a Resourcing Manager to introduce innovation, control and agility of the hiring, contracting and People management function, whilst putting new concepts to the test with real life examples. As the Resourcing Manager, you’ll be responsible for understanding the demands of our clients and making sure the mechanisms are in place to put the right people on the right engagements at the right time, either through direct permanent positions recruitment and selection or through the best partnership possible.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Support the Leadership team in providing direction around strategic resourcing priorities which include people, recruiting, mobility, on-boarding, agility, ways of working, workload balance.
- A trusted adviser to the business and known as the subject matter expert (SME) around resource management.
- Provide accurate and commercially focused management information (MI) to identify trends and key risks.
- Challenge the business unit protocols where it may impact resourcing.
- Understand the financial implications of resource decisions.
- Provide an expert view in the fleshing out of the VMS function, through the sourcing cornerstone of the model
- Be able to work autonomously and in a somewhat ambiguous environment.
- Support the business effectively to deliver on their revenue target
- Meet joiners and provide them direction around Visa ways of working.
- Ensure staff and managers are deployed on jobs based on skills, capacity and aspirations.
- Provide proactive advice, input on conflict resolution, day-to-day resourcing requests, specials and/or other unanticipated assignments.
- Working with recruiting agencies and/or consultancy suppliers across multiple geographic locations
- The Resourcing Manager will be in constant contact with the internal VMS executive suite, Visa Consulting professionals involved in the client deals, members of the VMS Steering Committee as well as other supporting functions within Visa, like Procurement, Visa University and Operations Support.
What we're after?
- Strong project management skills and a willingness to get involved with the business.
- Ability to build strong relationships across all levels and a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to listen and drive through changes.
- Comfortable putting forward own ideas.
- Change management and an ability to challenge ways of working
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Promote an active approach in a fast pace environment.
- Comfortable to address and show progress and performance outcomes in front of senior executive audiences
- Knowledge of recruiting practices, both permanent & contractor, leveraging teams & suppliers throughout Europe to succeed
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.