Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, KA, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem, Open Banking is introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer and merchant relationship. We are building a brand new technology platform that will drive the future of this area and enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on the latest standards/tech stack and providing open APIs and new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We value creative and driven individuals who love to own their products, and design and implement solutions that create a seamless experience for consumers and clients. Our developers work across the stack, and are experts in service oriented architectures and technologies like AngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka and Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can participate in the detailed design and development activities for this product build.
Here are key responsibilities of the role -
- Design, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed business expectations.
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and strive for improvements to best practices, standards and processes.
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time with good code quality.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Develop components involving event
instrumentation, event classification, multi-protocol event handlers,
stream processing, pipelining, time series data aggregation and data
analytics.Leverage Open Source components, do proof of concepts and
integrate end to end functionalities to the Operational intelligence
platform for monitoring ,alerting across product lines.
- Design, develop, document and implement
new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to
existing software with code that complies with design specifications and
meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to
all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system
- Have a passion for delivering zero
defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet
or exceed the prescribed defect SLA. Coordinate the team's design,
development and testing activities, including conducting peer code reviews
in addition to contributing to core product.
- Identify opportunities for further
enhancements and refinements to best practices, standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher.
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx or Akka frameworks.
- Development experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database.
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and iterative software development lifecycle principles.
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.