Technical Product Manager
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s CIT End User Technology team is looking for a strong technology Product Manager that will be responsible for delivering programs within Visa’s End User Technology platforms. This role is for a visionary product manager who will work with cross-functional teams spanning multiple product and technology disciplines. Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. Product Manager will have full accountability for capability definition and strategic roadmap decision making. This role will direct and collaborate with the other members of the program leadership team determine what our business partners need and get the requirements to the engineering organization.
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 10 years of combined experience in product development functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in an internet services, digital, website development environment, or mobile technology platforms is highly desirable. The candidate will have a successful history of leading complex development efforts in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and to product specifications. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross-functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross-departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative, hand on leader, with a track history of high performance that will drive change to their engineering team and to Visa’s bottom line.
- Product owner & Product manager for multiple software engineering teams who are accountable for releasing features in support of End User technology platforms.
- Taking full accountability for capability definition, scoping and requirements
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within a an Agile framework.
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Business case and ROI definition and measurement
- A smart, passionate technologist who possess a curious mindset that has a history of asking “why?”
- More than 8+ years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design).- Background in gathering stakeholder needs and documenting them as an Agile Product Owner.
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 4+ years of experience in hands on software engineering role.
- 4+ years of product/project/program management or engineering experience preferably with external customer facing web software projects.
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- SAFe experience preferred or experience in a large Agile environment with multiple locations and teams.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management.
- Ability to lead through organizational change and ambiguity.
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long-term product goals.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company.
-Top tier MBA strongly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.