Senior Director, Head of Merchant Sales and Acquiring (MSA)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Head of MSA – UAE will be responsible for designing, validating and executing the Merchant Sales and Acquiring plan in the UAE market. The role holder will be responsible for progressing both digital (includes eCommerce) and traditional acceptance in collaboration with Acquirers, Payment Service Providers / Payment Facilitators (PSP / PF), Local Strategic Merchants and other stakeholders like vendors, regulators, local switches among others. This is an individual contributor role and reports into the MSA lead for MENA. The role is Dubai based and requires deep engagements with the country team & other functions. The position will be responsible for managing annual revenue goal exceeding USD 75 million and 10 plus relationships.
The role will influence Visa's business by:
- Positioning Visa as the industry leader and thought leader amongst clients, partners and peers.
- Expanding access by driving the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) and revenues. (additional acceptance locations, increased Visa card usage, and additional processing volume via VisaNet, Increasing and driving eCom use via CyberSource and sales of relevant Value Added Services).
- Working closely with country and functional teams to develop MS&A business plans and Implement.
Principle Responsibilities / Key Result Areas:
- Deliver the annual MSA business plan for the market
- Engaging pre-agreed set of key clients via account management plans, quarterly reviews and annual client satisfaction surveys
- Influencing and growing card payments in existing and new spend categories
- Relationship lead for key merchant relationships in the market (Telco, Airlines, Retail, QSR, Leisure etc)
- Developing non-traditional channels like Digital (contactless, eCom, Wallets) and segments like Government / Bill Payment / Fast Food / Supermarkets / Utilities / Schools / Healthcare etc.
- Targeting Cash pools via e2e solution oriented approach – example: opening up sectors like Fuel, Rentals, Insurance, Government merchants, Customs and any other hold outs.
- Drive Business Development in influencing Acquiring Banks and/ or Payment Processors to lead the charge in new areas of acceptance.
- Play the role of a Functional Expert within the country team with information, tools, and best practices.
- Be a key influencer in driving the Visa strategy on IRF, Pricing and Compliance for Acquirers.
Strategic Nature, Management Accountability, & Scope
- Develop and implement strategies to grow acceptance and spend from existing and new spend categories.
- Facilitate the development of marketing and promotional activity with key acquiring / merchant relationships.
- Facilitate the coming together of new technology & solutions (Example: mPOS / Cybersource / Scan to Pay / Visa Direct, B2B, Tokenization) and traditional acquirers to launch new acceptance initiatives.
- Play a lead role and take ownership for merchant and acceptance related matters while working with clients, key merchants and the regulator / Central Bank.
Decision Making and Complexity
- Key influencer in market related decisions
- Decisions impact the implementation of plans and achievement of MSA objectives for the UAE market
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations.
- Must have the maturity to work well within a matrix management.
- Expanding access across existing and new sectors – total count of Merchant outlets.
- Growth in PCE penetration and Contactless penetration
- Open up new acceptance sectors and hold outs.
- Facilitating the introduction and implementation of new solutions / technology: e-Commerce/CoF/S2P/Visa Direct / mPOS.
- This position location is Dubai and reports to the Head of MSA, MENA Region.
- The job has responsibility for UAE market.
- This position will involve frequent interaction with key Visa stakeholders, including financial institutions, processors, the Central Bank, acquirers, merchants, etc.
- The candidate will be required to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management within Visa. Will interact closely with Country Managers and Functional Heads / colleagues, as well as others from the wider CEMEA and Global teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix organization.
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Payments – Traditional, Digital Acquiring, eCom Expertise
- Analytics - understanding merchant payments and business models
- Presentation and Influencing skills
- Team work, collaboration
- Negotiation and sales skills
- Strategic planning, analytical thinking
- Ability to understand financial concepts
- Professional Degree with atleast 10 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Credit and Debit Cards business or related Payments Industry experience
- Understanding of Merchant Acquiring business.
- Financial Transaction processing knowledge
- Knowledge of Visa Systems and processing
- Microsoft office tools e.g. Thinkcell, PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
- Significant experience in the bankcard or related industry
- General Finance and Accounting
- Business Negotiations skills
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
- Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management in key decisions where required for the business
- Flexibility to travel around the region and internationally as required