Staff Software Engineer- Merchant Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Merchant Data Products team you will help lead, design, enhance and build our services for Customers in an agile development environment. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. Developing world class solutions for large systems must be a part of your DNA. You will see the code written going to production in few days and used by huge customer base including Tier 1 Merchants such as Target, GAP, Nike , Emirates… If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment.
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis and solutions to business needs of clients
- Strong desire and unyielding mindset to solve the hardest data problems
Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical mindset, strong attention to details
Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- Determine hardware/software configurations for optimal performance
- Coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- Lead meetings and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
08 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 05 years of relevant work experience with Masters in computer science/related degree from top universities/institute
- Have 8+ years of experience in building and scalable web services
- Good Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Proficiency in Java/J2EE stack with strong foundation in Enterprise design principles
- Good grasp of Data Structure and Algorithm design
- Basic understanding of SPA development using any of the modern frameworks (Angular/React/Vue)
- Implement and scale microservices to support data intensive services
- Work with product team in Agile setup to design and implement solutions to delight our customers
- Needs to be a team player with ability to mentor and guide team members.
Good to Have
- Exposure to docker and Kubernetes
- Good UX design skills
- Through understanding of MQ systems (AMQ/Kafka/RabbitMQ)
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.