Manager - Core Debit Test Engineering
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As the Manager of Core Debit Test Engineering you will oversee a high performing team of Test Engineers based in our Highlands Ranch, CO location. This team of Test Engineers provides support for the DPS Debit transaction platform, designing manual and automated test solutions to verify and validate new functionality, enhancements and changes to existing functionality.
This role involves working closely with Individual Contributors, Managers and Product Partners across multiple geographic locations, platform focuses and technology stacks, ensuring adequate focus, prioritization and delivery. The successful candidate for this position will directly manage the day-to-day, forecasting, planning and execution for a team of Engineers and report to the Director of Core Debit & Performance Engineering based in Highlands Ranch.
- Demonstrate Visa's core values, maintaining a delivery-focused approach
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, collaboration and innovation
- Encourage and empower direct reports to make appropriate technical decisions and recommendations
- Actively manage resources in alignment with program/project needs and priorities
- Mentor and encourage growth for the team in alignment with both their career aspirations as well as the needs of Visa
- Partner with Development, DevOps, Support, Product and PMO to identify and deliver to clear expectations and requirements
- Identify and seek new opportunities for growth, expansion, process improvement and benefits to our customers
- Oversee, mentor and assist Engineers in all aspects of testing
- Clearly communicate both formally and informally project/program status, risk and impact, escalating when/where appropriate
- Encourage and enable the team to deliver upon their personal development goals, as well as organizational goals set at all levels
- Promote a standardization of processes and disciplined testing throughout the team in adherence with Visa’s Test Management Methodology
- Promote continual reviews and improvements to processes and procedures
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 8-10 years of experience in a technical role within the Software Development Life Cycle
- 7+ years of hands-on Connex Advantage EFT software experience
- 7+ years of experience within a NonStop/Guardian/zOS environment
- 7+ years of in-depth experience with ISO8583 messages and maintenance procedures
- 5+ years of hands-on test automation experience
- Experience managing all phases of Quality Assurance (effort estimation, planning, prioritization, delegation, execution, maintenance, implementation and reflection)
- Proven experience as a technical leader with the capability to architect, design and build manual and automated testing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate advanced technical issues both verbally and in writing to technical staff, product partners and senior management
- Experience with Diebold, NCR and Nautilus-Hyosung ATM platforms
- In-depth experience with Switching, Processor Interface, Message Handling, Authorization Processing and Security
- Strong organizational capabilities with high attention to detail
- Proven record of analytical success and strong critical thinking skills
- Experience with test management tools such as ALM, Jira or similar
- Prior experience with electronic payments and financial services
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
- Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.