Staff Software Engineer - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital and Developer's Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are remote or proximity payment.
The DDP team is looking for talented engineers for the Foster City office to drive the evolution of build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers and merchants. You will work closely with Architects, product owner, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique capabilities for DDP .Your will work closely with various stakeholders to help establish and adapt key capabilities.
We are looking for someone with serious about working and building new applications for DDP and have interest in distributed computing, scalability and building reliable high performance system.
You will be joining a team which delivers at high frequency while maintaining availability, performance, scalability and security.
- Design and implement components and services to be consumed by the application team
- Interface with various stakeholders and establish rock solid platform capabilities
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product requirements by working with Architects, Product Owners and other product vertical stake holders
- Develop and adapt to common industry best practices for product development
- Work independently and mentor junior developers
- Conduct peer reviews for implementation of new features
- Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum - Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Design and implement solutions for our platform application
- Create Functional and Technical design documentation
- Perform Unit and QA testing data loads and development of scripts for data validation
- Support QA, UAT and performance testing phases of development cycle
- Understand and incorporate required security framework, including data level security Understanding of data and business processes
- Understand and support DDP platform components and apply standard best practices from DDP
- Liaise with internal business and IT groups across DDP and Visa (such as database administration, infrastructure support, development) in performing support activities, system configuration and standard functionality analysis for enhancement requests
- Adhere to defined Cybersecurity policies, procedures and related IT controls
- Provide support to strategic initiatives as assigned including, but not limited to system configuration, testing of applications and process enhancements, upgrades and new solutions, ensuring sound knowledge transfer to assume post-implementation support role
- Expected to critically evaluate customer service requests and incidents to prioritize own workload, determine potential global and/or cross-modular impacts, determine temporary procedural work-around when feasible, and communicate to the broader group of impacted parties
- Conduct one-on-one user training or formalized pre-developed larger group training sessions as assigned
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate ideas for process improvements and training needs both for applications usage by customers as well as for internal processes and skills enhancement
- Work with all teams/customers on the critical requests and resolve it to closure
- Responsible for technical solution and be part of issue troubleshooting and resolution for all users of our DDP application
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Full stack development of a multi-tiered distributed system with web front end
- Experience in Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Oracle,MySQL and other relevant distributed technologies
- Passion for following architectural and design patterns
- Knowledge about Security standards
- Knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (REST)
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a global matrix organization
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures is a must
- Experience with Oracle databases and SQL development
- Work independently and mentor others in the team and with minimal supervision
- Understanding of HTTP and other protocols
- Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
- Testing fundamentals, both unit and functional testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-learner
- Go-getter with can do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law