Senior Director, Software Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform division, we work on technology products that have a big impact on the lives of businesses across the world. We develop and expose APIs to allow creation of solutions that enable commerce across regions and markets. We prioritize security and scalability, so that our partners can chase their dreams, while continuing to securely and reliably accept and process payments.
We value creative and driven individuals who love to own their products, and design and implement solutions that create a seamless experience for consumers and clients. Our developers work across the stack, and are experts in service oriented architectures and technologies likeAngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka and Containers.
As we embark upon the next phase of our expansion, we’re looking for a senior technologist who can lead a team of talented engineers to deliver enterprise class product solutions to our customers.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to a large team of software engineers implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput software systems that have five 9s plus availability.
- Play a crucial role in interfacing with business stakeholder to define solutions & requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies.
- Ensure developed solutions adhere to established architectural best patterns and target state.
- Drive selection of new technologies and influence architectural target state.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals and best practices.
- Hire top engineering talent; provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to your staff.
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation, embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field; 15+ years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in building systems software in domains that require high throughput and low-latency.
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications.
- Technical hands on skills in the Java technology stack.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, grow, retain and lead high-caliber technical talent.
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practice and passion to implement these across his/her team.
- Longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve mindset.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint; strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.