Account Executive Merchant Sales & Acquiring - Level 5
- Athens, Greece
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Account Executive Merchant Sales & Acquiring, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa is searching for a Cross-functional Senior Account Executive for MS&A in countries of Greece, Bulgaria and Cyprus. As a key member of the Merchant Sales & Acquiring team, the selected candidate will bring leadership, vision and creativity to expanding acceptance, growing usage, and creating profitable partnerships with merchants and acquirers within Greece, Bulgaria and Cyprus
This role will deliver on high-profile, cross functional strategies and plans in Greece, Bulgaria and Cyprus. The candidate will be working in tandem with internal partners to identify and cultivate growth opportunities, drive acceptance, engage with key merchants and key acquirers in order to deliver sustainable revenue growth.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Partner with and act as key interface with merchants, acquirers and partners (i.e. transit companies, psps, cross border acquirers, POS providers, Government) in Greece, Bulgaria and Cyprus to secure and grow the business for Visa
- Explore SME card acceptance opportunities and partner with key acquirers and stakeholders to enable them
- Develop strategic relationship with senior management resulting in specific market/account plans to drive Visa preference and relevance
- Establish fluency in all Visa merchant and acquiring-facing solutions and communicate and articulate all aspects of Visa value proposition for our clients
- Consultatively identify and prioritize client needs and crafting customized solutions that drive specific commercial metrics (e.g., business growth, Visa growth, cross border growth) and increase client satisfaction with Visa products/ services
- Optimize merchant and acquirer investments – identify opportunities that will jointly benefit clients and Visa
- Drive the sales of Visa core and digital products, develop appropriate business cases and forecasts, advocate for funding, identify and deploy Visa resources to address objectives, track our performance, and use learnings to inform future investment
- Establish strong internal partnerships – partner with functions across Visa (e.g., sub-regional leadership, marketing, product development, etc.) to collaboratively define responsibilities for various client outcomes and troubleshoot client relationships within Visa internally
- Experienced, results oriented leader with a proven track record in managing clients/accounts, developing relationships and sales partnerships, and managing high performing, fast paced teams
- Good understanding of acquiring, ecommerce landscape and new payment technologies a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships and communicate with all levels of the organisation including executive management.
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- Proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a complex matrix environment
- Strong strategic and thought leadership skills
- Global & entrepreneurial mind set
- Data management and analytics skills
- Vertical / segment expertise
- Experience with client consulting projects a plus
- Strong understanding of global payment system a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.