Dispute Analyst (Dispute Operations Support)-Bilingual Spanish
- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
@VisaNews Twitter: www.twitter.com/visanews Tumblr: visacorporate.tumblr.com
Technology and Innovation at Visa
Life at Visa [playlist to be updated]
Summary Description of role:
Dispute Analyst Leads are true subject matter experts in their field and as such, will be a key point of contact and escalation within the department for complex dispute matters. In addition to understanding all aspects of the dispute resolution management process, Dispute Analysts will support their leadership team by identifying and implementing process improvements, monitoring daily workloads and ensuring that cases are assigned for review based on priority, work type, and available resources in order to maximize resource utilization rates and Client recoveries. This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Identify opportunities to optimize team performance and counsel staff and support staff (quality assurance, training, documentation) on dispute related matter in order to maximize resource utilization and service delivery quality
- Provide subject matter expertise during internal and external projects and engagements
- Monitor daily workload and allocate or assign cases based on priority, work type, and available resources
- Incubate new services, processes, and new Client case work to ensure that programs are set-up correctly and working as expected
- Review and approve high-dollar dispute claims for junior staff members
- Facilitate or participate in monthly change control meetings
- Analyze claimant transaction history, available online data, and leveraging knowledge of industry fraud trends to determine if claim is valid or fraudulent
- Review evidence or case presented and leveraging Network (Visa, MasterCard, Regional Network, etc.) dispute resolution management rules to determine the validity of each claim and its potential for recovery
- Assess claimant eligibility for access to affect funds during the dispute recovery process in accordance with US consumer laws if applicable
- Utilize Network dispute process to attempt recovery on behalf of Visa DAS Clients, ensuring that disputes are submitted in accordance with Network Operating Regulations, and that all required evidentiary and technical conditions and requirements are met
- Dispute Analysts will process all complex dispute types and reason codes
- Open tickets and communicate system or settlement issues to leadership or internal partners
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa international Operating Regulations and Regulation E with regard to dispute processing.
- Identify and analyze processing problem with customer impacts; communicates ongoing situation status to processing teams
- Communicate via email and phone to Visa DAS Clients and Network associates as necessary
- Potential domestic and international travel may be required
- Work in a matrixed environment
- Work off business hours as required
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a merchant acquiring, card issuing, or back office banking environment, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in a dispute resolution management or loss recovery role
- Bi-lingual Spanish is highly preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Visa’s International Operating Regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of US Federal Regulations E and Z
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Proven ability to service and support a range of internal and external customers, while maintaining client/stakeholder confidentiality, often in parallel and within a shifting set of priorities
- A proven track record for making sound decisions based on available evidence, managing both short and long-term goals, and achieving high quality operational results
- Ability to make independent decisions guided by department policies and procedures
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to set priorities and manage department expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel