Data Loss Prevention Cybersecurity Analyst
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Key individual contributor role with accountability for performing systems and network information analysis of data loss prevention incidents to the network infrastructure, datacenter servers, workstations, and more in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Ensure protection of networks, systems and applications by enforcement of DLP security policies and through use of systematic DLP event analysis.
- Monitor DLP information security alerts though the use of available DLP tools to respond, triage, and escalate as needed.
- Analyze event/alert patterns to properly interpret and prioritize threats through the use of available DLP tools and other data protection devices.
- Identify trends and drive requirements aimed at automating existing data loss prevention detection policies.
- Provide support to projects that enhance reporting, workflow, change/incident/problem management.
- Provide technical advice and input for the support of integrated security systems and solutions.
- Interface with clients in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements to improve the efficiency of daily tasks, monitoring, and processes with innovative ideas.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience on a Security Technical Services and/or Support Operations team or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Candidate will exhibit a history of reliability and strong decision making skills due the trust imparted in them as a DLP analyst.
- Candidate must possess strong analytical skills to identify complex security issues and respond at the same level with a technical understanding of when to escalate impacting security events.
- Must possess requisite oral communication and writing skills
- Must be self-motivated and capable of independent work while operating in a geographically and culturally diverse peer group.
- Working knowledge of IP network designs and security fundamentals
- Ability to convey security concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- DLP Information Security related monitoring experience strongly desired.
- Experience operating and administrating Security Information and Event Management platforms and/or Intrusion Detection/Prevention platforms a plus.
- Possesses functional knowledge and administrative experience on Windows, Mac and UNIX/Linux Platforms
- Prior engineering or operations experience with endpoint, network, or CASB DLP solutions
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.