Principal Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital Partnerships is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a large and complex partnerships. The role requires an individual experienced in business development, strategy and solutions-oriented problem solving. The Digital Partnerships team works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
- Segment Expertise:
- Support the Strategic Partnerships and Innovation executive team in developing the overall group strategy, specifically for Digital Commerce
- Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the segment and customer's business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms
- Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
- Account Management:
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts
- Lead key commercial activities and planning exercises with strategic partners , ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience with business development, sales or strategy in fintech, banking, mobile, or technology services industry
- Payments or financial services industry experience preferred
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience “managing up”, building executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- Team oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to influence and work within matrixed environment
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 20% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.