Senior Director, Go to Market Deployment - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Director, Go to Market (GTM) Deployment, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Go to Market (GTM) function is implementing a new operating model revising how Visa’s client-facing teams sell more effectively to our clients. This is a wide-ranging initiative aimed at helping geography teams realise their full market and revenue potential. To do this, the team’s focus is on building a consistent sales operating model globally, working with country teams on ideal staffing levels and mix, and focusing on every client point of interaction with our organisation and making it better.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Leading development of the country market multi-year strategic plans, incl. market analysis and business cases for the selected strategic initiatives
- Regular engagement with country management in region, to ensure effective implementation of GTM deliverables according to agreed timelines
- Internal influence and negotiation across functions (specifically HR, Product, Client Services, MS&A, Marketing) to ensure alignment in region to GTM objectives and deliverables, ensuring active participation in the pilot process
- Clear, open and proactive reviews of the overall program and specific design elements with client-facing teams in market, eliciting feedback from country teams and responding appropriately
- Qualifying this feedback to regional and GTM leadership team to inform the pros and cons of selected approach, distinguishing between in-market variances and broader themes requiring appropriate action
- Proactive problem solving, bringing informed ideas on improvements to the program and proposing solutions to identified shortcomings early in the design review process
- Structured approach to managing deployment of the program across multiple markets simultaneously, tracking and addressing the nuances of each individual country over the course of the implementation
- Support the EU head of Business Planning and Ops in business planning and tracking.
- Assist in developing an integrated view of EU plans from sub-Regions, ensuring market plans are understood and shared by supporting functions
- Help to coordinate EU's inputs for Global and Group Executive requests on key strategic initiatives.
What we’re after…
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high level concepts to detail
- Proven ability to build market strategic plans and distinct growth initiatives
- Past experience in developing business plans, and having them approved by Finance
- High level of knowledge or experience in payments as well as experience in B2B Sales or a client-facing functional role strongly preferred
- Continental Europe perspective and awareness of market differences and commonalities
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly in scenarios that are not well defined or structured
- Effective communicator, especially in teaching and influencing scenarios
- Experience leading or participating in change management processes where complex organisational change was successfully implemented
- Results-oriented individual who challenges the status quo in order to drive a culture of constant improvement
- Process oriented, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and external products brought to market
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or hold equivalent professional experience
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.