Sr Software Engineer - Production Support
- Bellevue, WA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Cybersource Production support is responsible for supporting the Cybersource applications. This team responds to all reports of application problems in production and staging environments, and works as quickly as possible to mitigate impacts, provide RCAs and recommendations, and to generate reports and analytics on issue impacts. We are looking for someone with significant analytical capabilities as we need the person in this position to be comfortable in troubleshooting production issues. This role require significant on-call 24x7 support and responsibilities.
In addition, the Senior software Engineer will build and enhance key applications that form the core of Cybersource transaction platform. This highly visible and mission critical position will require in-depth knowledge of how the various applications that constitute the platform function, leveraging JAVA (Primary skillset), .Net (preferred) and open source technologies and include server-side and UI based applications. The responsibilities include gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the company with the objective of constantly improving Cybersource suite of applications. As a key member of the engineering team, you will need to communicate technical ideas clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences. This position also requires strong analytical skills.
- Gather and analyze requirement from Product Managers/Owners
- Acquire deep knowledge on multiple applications in order to independently support them
- Work closely with Operations & Infrastructure groups to understand challenges in production environments.
- Build tools to improve application reliability and quality, and programmer productivity.
- Partner with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues that cause impact to customers
- Design and enhance highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems to meet increasing levels of reliability and availability
- Provide architectural recommendations in the area of application serviceability to allow elimination or early detection of potential issues.
- Lead in issue postmortems and provide quality metrics that set direction for quality initiatives by identifying chronic problem areas.
- Understand and adhere to SOA and messaging principles
- Author technical specifications and design documents
- Be willing to work on both server-side and UI-side modules.
- Able to work with various cross functional ( technical and non-technical) groups.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java (primary skillset) & .Net ( preferred) applications.
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Good understanding of SOA principles and Web Services and messaging technologies
- Experience building zero fault-tolerant, scalable and high-volume systems applications in JAVA.
- Experience designing and developing complex .NET, C++, IIS applications.
- Experience in SQL Server 2008, Transact SQL,Stored Procedures.
- Experience with IBM Websphere or Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience in OO design and design patterns
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating continuous Integration and continuous delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Deep analytical skills and ability to think on the feet and work under pressure.
- Deep understanding of XML parsing and XML schema design.
- Strong Windows/Unix platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication ( both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Knowledge of Splunk, New Relic, Graphite or equivalent monitoring tools.
- Experience with performance tuning of applications and use of load testing tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Production support experience.
- Payment gateway experience preferred
- Experience in relational database design, and optimization with commercial grade database such as Oracle or MySQL.
- Knowledge of credit card and/or Electronic check processing.
- Experience analyzing Java thread/heap dumps
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law