Merchant Account Lead - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Merchant Account Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Senior Account Executive will report to the Head of the UK & Ireland Merchant Client team. This individual will retain overall responsibility for developing and growing UK & Ireland relationships with selected merchants Headquartered in this region.
Visa is searching for a Merchant Account Lead to partner with UK merchants. These merchants will include high volume and strategically important accounts as well as working with key acquirers as a key member of the UK &Ireland Merchant & Acquiring team, the selected candidate will look to initiate and develop relationships with merchants to drive acceptance and preference of Visa. This account manager will deliver on high-profile cross functional strategies and plans, and, working in tandem with internal partners, identify and cultivate merchant growth opportunities.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- The account manager will be the key interface for selected merchants;
- Build direct relationships with targeted merchants to establish ‘Visa preference’, grow partnership and drive new card acceptance.
- The main focus will be account management and new business development through product sale such as Co-brand, analytics solutions, Visa Checkout, Card on file, 3DS 2.0 and more consultatively approach to identify and design customized solutions that drive specific commercial metrics (e.g., merchant business growth, acceptance growth) and increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/ services.
- Develop strategic relationships with merchant senior management team
- Optimize merchant investments – ensure that existing contractual investment for merchants are optimised. Identify opportunities that will jointly benefit merchants and Visa (driving sales of Visa digital products, develop appropriate business cases and forecasts, advocate for funding, identify and deploy Visa resources to address objectives, track our performance, and use learnings to inform future investment
- Manage relationships to drive card acceptance, brand preference, transaction processing
- Lead regular reviews with merchants and Quarterly Business Reviews to drive performance.
- Support the team in building and articulating the Visa value proposition
What we’re after…
- Experienced, results oriented individual with mid-level business experience and a proven track record in managing clients/accounts, developing relationships and sales partnerships.
- Merchant experience is an added benefit with demonstrated success in delivering results with high volume merchants
- Previous experience with merchant acquirers, 3rd party payment services and/or card companies all a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships and communicate with all levels of the organization including executive management.
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships with proven results
- Proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a complex matrix environment
- Strong understanding of UK & Ireland payment systems a plus
- Data management and analytics skills
- Excellent influencing and customer management skills
- Demonstrable and recognised success in effective communication
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter
· Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.