Sr. Account Executive, US Financial Institutional Sales (Location Flexible - East Coast)
- Wilmington, DE, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Account Executive, Visa USA Sales, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities and new sales for a large and complex US Financial Institution’s payments business with a primary focus on Credit and Commercial lines of business. This position is responsible for increasing Visa alignment, engagement and revenue through generating and delivering on strategic opportunities to optimize and grow the performance of the respective portfolios. The position will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, particularly within Product, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Legal to achieve joint goals and to maximize business performance. This position is also responsible for growing client and Visa sales, revenues, and volumes as well as strengthening relationships through identifying and implementing joint opportunities and initiatives. This position will report to the Visa Account Team Lead.
The location is flexible, focused on the East Coast.
- Act as the Visa consultant to top tier US issuer and manage the client's credit and commercial plans for Visa products and services and provide the leadership and focus to drive results.
- Develop and execute customized account plans to increase revenue and market share with the client.
- Identify strategic opportunities through a strong understanding of the customer's business including payment strategy across all product platforms, married with the Visa strategy.
- Demonstrate deep product knowledge and technical aptitude on Visa products and services.
- Further expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services.
- Implement these strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and client teams.
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business.
- Manage use of significant investment fund to bring value to both the client and Visa.
- Independently lead and manage on-site client visits with various client stakeholders. Prepare presentation, proposals and negotiate contractual relationships.
- Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business.
- Work within cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Manage client reported issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- 10-12+years business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry
- Deep expertise in payments products specifically Credit and Commercial
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive
sales effort and project
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective
relationships with all levels including executive management.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills, and a proven track record of creating
solutions that increase revenue.
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- Proven ability negotiating business agreements and ability to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
- Consulting experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Location: Flexible with a preference for East coast near a Visa Office
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 50%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.