Strategy and Planning Manager - Global Visa Direct Commercialization
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Global Visa Direct Commercialization Team sits at the cross-section of sales and product with a mandate to accelerate growth for Visa Direct across the world. The team is uniquely positioned to develop strategic go-to-market insights and also has the ability to translate those strategies into actionable outcomes for regional sales and product teams.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and internationally with Visa Direct product teams, various regional sales teams, and functional teams (finance, marketing/comms., & legal) to collectively bring a hyper-growth product to market at scale.
The Strategy and Planning Manager will be responsible for the supporting the overall business strategy and planning process to ensure overall success of Visa Direct commercial growth across the regions. This role will support our efforts around the world, ensure thoughtful communication to Visa executives, and escalate appropriately if things get off track.
This is a cross functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical as we interface with other specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing and corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, and finance to coordinate the build, launch and sell Visa Direct. We are looking for a highly motivated, positive individual with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines to join the team.
Conduct research and analysis to identify key markets and use cases for Visa Direct
Develop merchant sales strategy, market sizing initiatives, and customized product value proposition in target markets
Data, Analysis, and Reporting
Aggregate, automate, and derive business insights from available data
Develop and execute a management reporting structure
Automate and monitor global/regional sales pipelines reporting
Drive financial planning: AOP, scorecards, revenue forecasts, and sales targets
Compensation planning and strategy
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ year of industry related experience, including at least 3 years of experience leading commercialization teams, product management, or strategy and/or management consulting
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products that delight customers
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Outstanding executive communication skills (verbal and visual) with an ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate data and trends to business drivers, while thinking big and leading executive messaging. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with ease
- Proven project development experience
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated and aligned with functional objectives
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P, B2C and B2B market experience is a plus, but not required
- Willing to work non-standard hours to accommodate time zones
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.