Visa Direct Payouts Product Launch Lead
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for an experienced Product lead to combine successful product development process experience with effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and technical skills. This role will be responsible for coordinating the launch and growth of the Visa Direct Payouts Service across a wide range of workstreams including Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, Operations, Implementation, Client Service and Product. The Program Lead will be accountable for timely and high quality execution and delivery from original concept through final implementation. This position requires working with teams that follow Agile practices as well as traditional methodologies.This is NOT a technical program management role. This role will work directly with the Visa Direct Payouts Global Product Lead to bring the product vision to life.
- Develop integrated plans and schedules to track progress and dependencies with other functions and external parties
- Drive the execution of deliverables across multiple teams and functions
- Coordinate work for geographically distributed teams utilizing
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues, dependencies and impacts
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on product launch progress to all stakeholders
- Facilitate planning and execution of workstreams working in collaboration with workstream leads
- Coach and mentor workstream leads
- Interact confidently and collaborate with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation and security teams
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by providing input into a framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with a Masters/MBA/JD/MD or at least 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 6-8 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Prior hands on experience in a product development environment leveraging Agile practices.
- Expert knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations as required
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to independently drive projects through to completion
- Meticulous follow-up of issues and actions to drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Experience working with external third party vendors and integration partners
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management. Must be able to dive deep into technical details with project teams and zoom out to understand and communicate the big picture.
- 10+ years of program management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile software development
- Expert knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks. Hands on experience managing product development processes.
- Payment domain or FinTech experience is a major plus
- Excellent analytical skills and enthusiastic problem solver
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Strong executive presence and experience advising and interfacing business leadership on technology related issues, excellent executive-level verbal and written communication
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and manage one’s time.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Working knowledge of Project Management and Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki and JIRA strongly preferred.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.