Director, Product Marketing
- Lehi, UT, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director, Product Marketing is responsible for leading the marketing strategy, positioning and value proposition for CyberSource solutions. This role translates our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. This individual will work closely with our global product and sales counterparts to understand the product capabilities and value for targeted markets. They will need to track competitors’ products and positioning and maintain a pulse on emerging trends. The messaging they develop should focus on solving our clients’ problems in a genuine and engaging style.
The Director, Product Marketing will need to be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches. The role requires collaboration with the larger marketing team to develop compelling programs that standout in a competitive marketplace and help drive demand. This individual will also drive CyberSource thought leadership for their product area based on keen insight into buyers’ needs and industry landscape. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product Marketing for CyberSource.
Office Locations you can work from: Foster City, Lehi or Austin
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Proven & experienced B2B Marker; knowledge and understanding of eCommerce preferred, payments industry/risk management experience would be a plus
- Ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment
- Agility to shift priorities and direction to align with rapidly changing market conditions
- Self-starter and proactive attitude with a strategic mind-set
- Deeply customer centric and passionate about understanding the needs of our clients
- Experienced in collaborating across functional areas
- Highly skilled in metric-based decision making
- 10+ years of progressive product marketing experience
- Creating content for CyberSource products and solutions including, but not limited to decks, videos, slicks, demos and blogs
- Adopting a bold and engaging storytelling approach to articulate product value propositions
- Knowing our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Tracking competitor activities and having a good understanding of competitive products, value propositions and positioning
- Collaborating with product management, sales and marketing peers to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
- Supporting our sales channels by developing internal tools and external collateral
- Developing a marketing plan for portfolio products, including key activities and budgets
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms