Senior Risk Management Analyst
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Risk Management Analyst is responsible for multiple functions within the DPS Client Controls Management Team. This individual contributor role includes management and execution of new VisaNet and DPS initiated projects across payment products and services. This function collaborates closely with various internal stakeholders to lead, coordinate, and deliver seamless end-to-end execution of new product, service, and enhancement implementation activities. In addition, this role will also be responsible for managing various internal and external compliance and audit related activities. This includes contract and SLA management, processing service delivery controls, documentation, audit and site assessment support. Further, this role will be responsible for creating and executing a formal continuous process improvement plan, and also oversee special projects and/or performing client configuration analysis. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist including direct interaction with clients. As such, the role is highly focused on building strong customer relationships and cross-functional support teams to ensure industry leading project delivery, controls, risk mitigation, compliance and other due diligence requirements are achieved between all stakeholders.
- Core member of the client-facing support team
- Leads the business implementation of complex information technology solutions across the Issuer Processing enterprise working in coordination with the assigned technology Release Manager for customer impacting initiatives
- Analyzes and assesses all initiatives that may impact clients from a business operations perspective including changes to current products, implementations of new products and Maintenance Releases
- Overall responsibility for multiple, moderate to very complex projects with variable scope and duration impacting Issuer Processing
- Implement methodologies for analyzing changes, proactively identifying impacts, determining full scope, and effectively communicating to Client Support staff and external partners through available channels
- Accountable for overall planning and direction of projects typically requiring the utilization of resources both within the project team as well as coordinating resources outside the team
- Act as the Program Manager with Product, IT, and Certification resources for key infrastructure changes including quarterly Maintenance Releases (MRs), telecom, application, or other client impacting projects such as system maintenance activities impacting Core and Prepaid Debit Processing clients, Business Enhancement Releases (BERs), and any non-Visa network changes for Debit and Prepaid clients
- Monitor activation of product/service changes, proactively identifying and managing any processing or business issues experienced at go-live
- Develop project plans/implementation task list, driving execution of activities against the plan to ensure key milestones/timelines are achieved
- Administer executive level internal and external project communications (release status, meeting minutes, dashboards, etc.), providing regular and consistent updates to appropriate parties
- Manage cross-functional compliance with contract and service level agreements
- Maintain and establish new service delivery controls and regulatory compliance requirements
- Develop and foster relationships and effective engagement processes across core Visa teams in the areas of Product, IT, Legal, Risk, Security, and Compliance
- Act as liaison for the client; proactively identify processing efficiencies and overall process delivery optimization
- Define, manage, and support a formal continuous process improvement plan including documentation support needs
- Oversee special projects and continuous client improvement plans
- Effectively build and manage client relationships
- Stay current with industry and client trends (e.g. risk, regulation, fraud) and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa and Visa DPS products and services
- Ability to comprehend and explain complex client change requests in business terms, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations accordingly
- Lead and coordinate internal and external audit and site assessment support including: managing sensitive and high exposure related activities, developing and maintaining processes, ability to accurately assess and respond to all considerations, identify potential gaps, develop and execute remediation
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Visa Information Security, Compliance, and Business Continuity methodology and controls
- Ability to comprehend and explain complex client business requirements and offer subject matter expertise to guide requirements and solutions to meet business needs
- Lead event management responsibilities for client-facing and cross-functional support teams
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Previous experience with project management and managing technology implementations within a highly matrixed organization (preferred)
Experience interpreting, supporting, certifying and driving adherence with payment industry and Government compliance and security standards e.g. FISMA, SSAE18, PCI, etc. (preferred)
Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
Ability to analyze and organize a plan based upon available information as well as the ability to develop project schedules, status reports and identify project risks for executive management and to delegate project tasks and ensure successful task completion
Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
Proven ability to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations
Customer-oriented with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with clients, staff, and management at all levels
Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to internal and external facing customers
Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
Strong understanding of the payment’s industry and issuer processing
Ability to quickly learn proprietary processing platforms, products, and related support systems
Proven ability to analyze, document, and enhance complex processes and procedures
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Six Sigma and/or PMP certification (preferred)
Must be willing to work off hours and weekends for release and maintenance activities as necessary
Seeking a team player who can have fun while securing success against goals
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Must be willing to work off hours and weekends whenever necessary.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time. Potential domestic and international travel.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.