Director, Digital Content Strategy
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As part of Visa's Global Corporate and North America Communications function, Visa's Digital Channel Strategy and Content team partners with the broader global communications organization to develop and execute compelling digital content programs that are aligned with ongoing business initiatives and the corporate narrative to drive high engagement among targeted stakeholders to advance Visa’s business goals and the company’s reputation. This team also defines the strategy and drives the evolution of our external owned digital communication channels. These channels include our corporate blog and social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor).
We are looking for a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker and skilled communicator with exceptional design, creative, and writing skills. The ideal candidate is a team player, problem solver, and idea generator with a firm understanding of what content performs on social media platforms. As a digital content strategist, you’ll develop and execute social campaigns and activations. You have strong project management skills and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment.
This position could be based in Visa's San Francisco or Foster City location and reports into the Senior Director, Digital Channel and Content Strategy.
**Please submit a PDF with examples of your digital portfolio**
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- 10+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8+ years of work experience with an Advanced Degree. Primary focus of your work is in communcations, in a fast moving environment.
- You are a results-oriented professional with 8-10 years of proven experience in digital storytelling and social media marketing. Demonstrated experience leading and executing corporate communications programs
- You have a strong track record of creating, managing and re-purposing content for a variety of digital platforms
- You have a great portfolio of your visual work and storytelling campaigns
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- You have the ability to build and nurture cross-functional relationships and foster partnerships; high degree of professionalism, courtesy and respect
- You have proven experience managing programs and vendors to deliver efficient output and results
- You have project management expertise; proven ability to manage budgets, timelines and internal and external resources
- You have the ability to distill and tailor complex information for key audiences
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects, often on short deadlines and under pressure
- You have knowledge and understanding of SEO and Analytics
- Understanding of web/mobile UX/UI design and testing is a plus
- Experience collaborating with UX/UI teams to define modern, highly engaging digital experiences
- You have prior experience working with all range of communications apps and platforms (e.g. PowerPoint, intranets, collaboration tools, social listening, blogs, video, photography etc.)
**Please submit a PDF with examples of your digital portfolio**
- You will partner with regional and corporate communications leads to develop and execute compelling digital content programs that are aligned with ongoing business initiatives and the corporate narrative to drive high engagement among targeted stakeholders to advance Visa’s business goals and the company’s reputation.
- You will manage a global content and editorial calendar to ensure alignment, holding team to deadlines.
- You will collaborate with design, video, blog editor and social partners to create content programs across digital, video, social, print, design (infographics).
- Create metrics and KPIs for all programs and report back to communications partners and business.
- You will ensure quality, clarity, consistency and alignment to Visa’s business and reputational goals for all content.
- You will source new digital content programs and bring to life from conception to completion.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with communications, marketing, legal and business partners, serve as a key source of information and liaison for digital content teams.
- You will manage agency and design partners.
- You will ensure all programs are delivered on time and within budget.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 10-15%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.