Director, Debit & Current Account Solutions Management (Level 5) MFD
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Director, Debit & Current Account Solutions Management , we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
The Director, Debit and Current Account Solutions Management, is responsible for designing and enabling debit products and other Visa current account solutions (e.g. Visa A2A solutions utilizing open banking or real-time payments) in Central Europe. Germany will be the primary market focus, but the Director will also oversee other Central European markets (i.e. Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland).
The successful candidate will need to develop key internal stakeholder touchpoints with Global and European Product and Technology teams, as well as the Strategy, Brand, Regulatory and Client support teams. Externally, the role will support account executives to engage with issuers, payment processors and technology partners to enable Visa’s current account products (debit and other) remain best in class. The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of the payments industry and key players in the eco-system, be a dynamic and independent thinker with excellent engagement, project management and communication skills.
Core responsibilities will include:
• You will execute the Debit strategy together with the Country Manager and AEs in each market to improve market share and enhance Visa’s debit product capabilities available for financial institutions to issue to their customers
• You will be hands-on, consumer focused and able to work well with data to develop and own strategic recommendations and enhancements to debit and current account products based on market requirements, client needs and consumer demand
• You will design and execute the wider debit ecosystem enablement strategy (e.g., enabling 3rd party issuer processors) to enable Visa debit
• You will manage project objectives, milestones, dependencies, risks and success criteria for the design, development, implementation and launch of new debit products
• You will provide product expertise and guidance throughout the project planning and execution phases, identifying and addressing issues as encountered
• Everyone is a leader at Visa, and you will lead cross-functional project teams with significant resource requirements, risk, and complexity, sharing your subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: This position may require the incumbent to travel for work up to 10%-15%.
• Significant and demonstrated product management expertise, new product development experience and project management skills
• Exceptional communicator – effective in interacting and building relationships across all levels internally and with clients. Able to adapt communication strategies to the needs of the audience (e.g., simplifying complex technical messages)
• High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion
• Technical and business understanding of banking, payment processes, payment schemes, bank and acquiring infrastructure, and product implementation
• Experience enabling a bank’s current account system for payments from multiple perspectives (e.g. issuer, issuer processor, network)
• Able to understand, document and explain technical solutions to non-technical teams
• Structured thinker who can analyze complex problems and present effective solutions
• Understanding of and experience in the Central Europe Payments and Banking sector. Knowledgeable of relevant regulations (e.g. PSD2) and its impact to the Central European markets.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of card issuer, merchant and acquiring businesses
• Relevant industry or consulting experience in product and/or project management
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.