Workday Integration Developer - Sr. Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
To learn more about Visa's Corporate IT organization, visit careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Workday Development team to help design, enhance and build our HR platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building Custom Workday reports and calculated fields, Studio Integrations, EIB inbound and outbound integrations to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time Workday enhancements. You will work on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by all Visa employees. If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
- Design, Code, document and implement new applications & as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience with Workday EIB integrations, Inbound and Outbound, Workday Studio integrations. PECI knowledge is strongly preferred
- Experience with Workday calculated fields and advanced custom reports
- Experience working effectively with business and IT staff in multiple locations and in a multinational environment is very strongly preferred
- Proven experience in eliciting and elaborating business requirements, drafting system design specifications, and developing technical solutions
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure and resolution of complex system issues. Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users. Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
- Proven experience working with technologies such as XML, XSLT, XPATH, SOA, SOAP, REST Web Services and Web technologies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Understanding of project management, SDLC, risk management, quality engineering
- Knowledge of SQL programming, C# and .NET with Visual Studio, TFS
- Basic SFTP and encryption knowledge
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- The incumbent will be expected to work during core business hours
- The incumbent will be expected to travel <5%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.