Principal Product Manager, Global Seller Solutions - Installments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Seller Solutions focuses on building and deploying products and services which simplify, expand and enrich connections between Sellers and their customers, empowering Sellers to succeed and fulfil their purpose.
As a Principal Product Manager, Global Seller Solutions - Instalments, you will be responsible for driving the next generation of Seller solutions globally for Visa. Responsibilities include managing all components of GTM & product strategy (problem domain, market sizing, value proposition, monetization, strategic differentiation etc.), capturing product requirements through client solution workshops, delivering on key product metrics, bringing new use cases and innovative offerings that create incredible value for Sellers and our ecosystem partners (e.g. Acquirers, Processors, Payment Technology Vendors).
This role is focused on installment capabilities recently unveiled by Visa to give shoppers and sellers a simple and flexible way to pay and be paid. With Visa’s installment solutions, Visa cardholders will have the option to divide their total purchase amount into smaller, equal payments over a defined time period on qualifying purchases, at the store and online or while traveling abroad. Sellers can leverage cardholders’ existing relationships with financial institutions to provide Visa’s installment solutions at the point of sale – online or in store – through a single API-based integration. This will ultimately help sellers enhance sales, improve customer loyalty and overall cash flow, while offering their shoppers a friction-free payment experience at checkout.
The successful candidate is expected to work with little supervision, and be the owner of processes and projects listed above. The Principal Product Manager must be capable of prioritizing activities, and working with the team to drive execution of the group’s goals as well as those belonging to the Principal Product Manager.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be a key member of the team that drives the latest and most innovative ideas through product ideation, build, launch, and scaling in the market. You will assist in delivering next generation product offerings to our customers, including innovative payment experiences, capabilities to help sellers, banks, tech companies and fintechs meet their consumers’ needs, and local solutions tailored to one or more of the 200 countries we operate in.
You must be a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. A key driver of success will be the ability to focus on the highest value activities in the face of rapid change and new information, and the ability to independently drive activities all the way to successful completion.
- 4 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Payments industry experience, preferably with Sellers e.g. Sellers, Payment Processing, Acquiring
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Design thinking product development methodology experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate and build positive working relationships with wider cross-functional teams
- Highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts.
- Organizational savvy with an ability to influence, negotiate and drive results
- Ability to manage complex projects and processes with multiple stakeholders, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of projects and business problems
- Highly organized with excellent multitasking skills and the ability to manage multiple disparate projects in parallel
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills. Enjoys an environment of investigation, fact finding and validation.
- Strong customer centric mind-set
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Travel required up to 20% of the time