Senior Analyst – Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Business Partner - EP - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as a Senior Analyst – Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Business Partner, we want to hear from you.
What’s it all about?
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at Visa helps to identify, assess and prepare for any risks that may have an impact on Earthport’s objectives and operations specifically and broadly Visa Group objectives. The ERM program at Visa is committed to not only mitigate the impact of adverse events but to also affirmatively help Visa to achieve its strategic objectives by identifying risks and recommending appropriate controls and mitigating measures.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Knowledge of ERM and traditional risk management and its relationship within a large organization, including understanding of risk concepts across the strategic, financial, operational, technology & legal domains
- Understand “three lines of defence” model and its real-life application within a global entity
- Capability to recognize and understand root causes, patterns, or trends across a broad spectrum of activity that could result in risk to the organization
- Analytical and reasoning skills: Experience with risk identification, assessment, and mitigation of material risks, while assisting risk owners (1st line of defence) with development of controls and mitigation plans.
- Ability to quickly understand complex and fast-moving topics and identify key points and go forward plans with limited information
- Data mining & data management skills: experience with capturing data to provide meaningful insights to business stakeholders on the evolving risk profile
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written, & experience in credibly probing and challenging colleagues with significantly more experience
- General awareness of the Payments industry, recent and ongoing developments, and the underlying technology
What we’re after…
- Educated to degree level or hold equivalent professional experience in Accounting, Finance or Business strongly preferre
- 5+ years related experience (consulting, strategy, business, finance, accounting) & risk experience preferred (i.e. Financial (credit, liquidity, market), enterprise, operational etc.)
- Knowledge, skill and understanding in applying risk management practices specifically as it relates to ERM (assessment, scoring, tolerance, mitigation/management)
- General understanding and application of popular risk management frameworks including COSO
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and facilitation skills, plus ability to work independently and effectively in a continually changing environment
- Clear thinker with strong technical and data analysis skills, plus solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and work with all organizational levels
- General understanding of business, economic and financial principles
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Understanding of the mergers and acquisition lifecycle, and business transformation initiatives
- Ability to identify and understand global risk events and how they impact on the enterprise
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.