Manager- Cybersecurity Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is for a Manager in the Cybersecurity team who will focus on developing new Product Security framework.
Are you interested to be part of world class Information Security team and work with Security technology expert to help improve the product security as early in the product development as possible, be it treat modelling, static code analysis? Do you like to solve complex data analytics problems and work with world class security experts?
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis and web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
In this position you will be expected to:
- Participate in every stage of feature development from design and brainstorming through feature implementation, including fixing that last critical bug under a tight release deadline.
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaborating closely with other engineers, engineering teams and product owners.
- Architect, Design and Lead component development with a small team of developers
- Design and develop Web UI with understanding of instustry standars UI frameworks
- Take responsibility to produce high quality secure code, apply application security principles in development stage
- Review high level features and convert them to low level design
- Review stories, provide accurate scoping and help junior team members with scoping and provide constructive input and feedback
- Create technical specifications and design artifacts
- Implement major features from scratch
- Create unit tests for features,
- Perform code reviews, use SAST for Static Code Analysis and fix all security issues
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the feature
- Contribute to design & overall product architecture
Skill Set required
• BS/MS degree in computer science, computer security or relevant field required.
• 8+ Years’ experience in developing Java/J2EE applications, and experience in using Java Web Application framework such as Spring, Spring boot, Node.js with 2+ Years in managing a Team
• Strong object oriented design techniques, and reusable component design
• Experience in working with Static code analysis tool and hands on experience in using them
• Experience in using Secure Code guidelines during development stages, take responsibility for producing secure and high quality code
• Experience in dealing with Web Application Security vulnerabilities
• Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git, Artifactory and Chef/Ansible desirable
• Experience in using Docker and building & deploying micro-services using Docker containers
• Experience with writing unit tests, integration tests and automation tools.
• Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.