Manager, Retail Partnerships
- New York City, New York, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role will report to the VP of Retail Partnerships and will work in partnership with the team’s Vice President as well as three Senior Directors on the Retail Partnerships team. This role will also work directly with partners from functions across Visa, such as Specialized Sales, Global Co-brand & Partnership Development, Product, Innovation, Finance, Legal, Marketing, CyberSource, and Customer Support teams. Over time, an individual in this role will be expected to interact and communicate with clients at our US Retail Partners.
The Manager, U.S. Retail Partnerships is responsible for executing sales, acceptance, and cobrand strategies for Visa’s largest retail clients in the United States. In this role, the Manager will be expected to provide sales support, develop and refine sales material, ideate and execute analytics, develop business cases, and resolve operational and processing issues. In all of these tasks, the Manager will be required to interact with technical partners, perform root cause analysis, and clearly summarize complex issues for internal and external audiences. This position will also require an ability to balance competing priorities across multiple clients and internal partners and to balance urgent, short-term projects with longer-term strategic goals.
- Develop and execute analytics projects. The Retail Partnerships team frequently requires data and analytics that support deal structuring, business cases, client-facing presentations, and internal planning and reporting needs. The Manager must be able to define business questions, independently develop analytical plans that address those questions, execute analyses, and communicate findings and actions.
- Develop, coordinate, and refine client and internal presentations. The Retail Partnerships team must communicate its mission to both clients and internal partners. The Manager must be able to evaluate sales materials, refine/improve them, and coordinate from multiple sources into a single coherent client narrative. The Manager must also be able to develop presentations that communicate team strategy and progress against scorecard objectives to senior leadership.
- Resolve operational issues. Retail Partnerships clients frequently identify operational and processing issues that must be resolved quickly. The Manager must be able to interpret inbound client communications, work with internal partners to perform root cause analysis, partner with acquiring, CSS, and issuing teams, and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Establishing strong internal partnerships. In order to be effective in this role, the Manager must establish fluency in all Visa merchant-facing solutions and work cross functionally within Visa to drive projects forward. The Manager should be able to articulate merchant needs and influence product/capability road maps by leveraging merchant feedback.
- Manage client relationships. Over time the Manager will be expected to engage directly with client staff and manage various initiatives and opportunities
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint; proficiency in data/analytics strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate complex technical/financial concepts with subject-matter experts and convey those concepts to a variety of audiences, including internal partners, senior leaders, and clients
- Ability to work independently, to work with urgency, and to work in collaboration with high level of success/achievement
- Ability to solve nuanced, complex problems and communicate solutions with clarity and precision
- Deep analytical mindset with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and to influence partners
- Prior experience working with or for merchants and issuers; digital/mobile payment and/or loyalty experience a plus
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~ 10% of the time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.