Lead Systems Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Lead Systems Analyst is a go to role for technology team for product requirements, system use cases and impact assessment due to changes in other VISA systems, for VISA’s global dispute management system known as Visa Resolve Online. Visa Resolve Online (VROL) is a web-based application that enforces the rules and workflow of disputes. VROL is a mandated service that is crucial to the Visa brand promise of providing secure and reliable payment services by ensuring that cardholders, merchants, and issuing financial institutions have a clear dispute process and enabling technology, making resolution of disputed transactions fast and easy.
This role will be part of VROL analyst team responsible for collaborating with business partners and cross-functional teams to define the scope of product enhancements for global product roll-out, active participation with stakeholders for technical/product road map planning, managing requirements, managing front door activities for impact assessment, and maintaining/developing mission critical interface specifications to be distributed to VISA’s member banks and payment processors globally.
This position reports to a Director of Global Dispute Processing organization and is based in Foster City, California.
- The primary responsibility will be to work with project stakeholders including product, business and technology teams to review and understand business requirements and to translate those requirements into written detailed use case documentation and functional requirements specifications
- Lead initiatives for transforming requirement elicitation process by identifying opportunities for process improvements and usage of industry standard tools for diagramming, mock-ups, trace analysis, rapid wire-framing, prototyping and collaborative UX designing
- Create/Analyze BRD for product enhancements by collaborating with business team and contributing in release planning and scoping activities
- Ensure requirements issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Set and manage expectations of all stakeholders through effective written and oral communications
- Effectively communicate plan, status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Effectively use planning tools such as Jira to develop documents and to provide clear vision for scope, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, product requirements, acceptance criteria and other materials as needed to support technical design and development
- Identify and document the impact assessment on other VISA systems, provide the conceptual approach document and collaborate with cross-functional technology teams to support their analysis and estimation process
- Work closely with product team, understand the product road map, and contribute feasible ideas, which can benefit the program
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Proven strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels both internally and externally to the organization. This includes the proven ability to articulate complex problems in a non-complex way, demonstrating the need and value of driving change.
- Leadership skills, business insights and strategic thinking to influence and drive tactical execution.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to effectively work cross-organizationally
- Ability to own and deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Ability to work accurately with a sense of urgency, delivering to tight deadlines
- Good foundation in computer science and Software Development is required
- Experience in the finance and/or payment industry is required
- Understanding of application programming, web services, database and system design is plus
- Understanding or experience with mobile applications a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during and beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law