Manager, Audit Strategy and Operations
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Manager of Internal Audit Strategy & Operations is a member on the Audit Strategy & Operations team in a global internal audit operation. This role leverages strong knowledge of auditing practices and experience to assist the team in implementing and maintaining a leading edge internal audit methodology and practices; in executing the quality assurance program; and in preparing communications that serve various stakeholders including the Audit Committee. Additionally, the Senior Manager possesses experience and technical skills in maintaining audit tools that are reliable and responsive to user needs, and uses technology as an enabler to improve operational processes and efficiency.
This position requires a high degree of flexibility to assist on and / or lead projects supporting the audit strategic plan and goals, and participate in assurance audit engagements, on an as-needed basis.
The Manager consistently demonstrates teamwork and collaboration with other Internal Audit Strategy & Operations team members, including members on auditing teams. This position requires strong written communication and project management skills. The Manager is proactive and innovative with the ability to identify and integrate improvement ideas from diverse views.
- Assist in maintaining the audit methodology, refreshing policies and procedures manual, and preparing department bulletins communicating changes to internal audit standards and/or practices.
- Assist in maintaining the Audit Universe, including accurate tracking of the audit rotation cycle and maintenance of auditable entity risk profiles.
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process working closely with the audit management team to deliver a risk-based audit plan supported by capacity analysis to ensure efficient delivery of the plan.
- Assist in managing the internal quality assurance program and in performing quality assurance reviews of audit engagement files, and provide constructive feedback to reinforce audit execution practices and procedures.
- Assist in preparing select stakeholder communications that may include Audit and Risk Committee, and Corporate Risk Committee reports.
- Assist in managing and reporting key performance indicators; Proactive at identifying best practices in developing performance measures and using technology (e.g., Tableau) to enable efficient reporting to the audit team, including stakeholders outside Internal Audit. Remain current and increase knowledge of Tableau and methods to improve reporting of performance indicators.
- Manage the documentation preparation process for the annual examination from the Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC.)
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and assess audit operational activities and data for improvement and efficiency gains, in support of the internal audit operation.
- Assist the team in identify benchmarking opportunities to continuous find ways to improve the audit professional practice and audit operations management.
- Assist in managing department budget, co-sourcing, workspace management, business continuity impact analysis management, IA website maintenance, record retention
As directed and on an as needed basis:
- Participate in / manage select projects supporting the Internal Audit strategic plan and department goals.
- Participate in the execution of audit engagements under the supervision of an engagement auditor in-charge:
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of relevant audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution or Big 4 assurance experience with a Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Finance, or Information Technology or related fields
- Solid knowledge of the professional practice of internal auditing, including IIA Standards. The achievement of a relevant professional certification is highly preferred (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, etc.)
- Experience in preparing Board reports and other executive-level communications.
- Excellent written communication, including ability to summarize complex audit results and issues for succinct and impactful presentations for a wide range of internal and external executive constituents
- Detail oriented, strong critical thinking, and highly organized
- Strong sense of teamwork, and capable of building consensus and collaboration across team members.
- Strong in project management, project implementation, and cross-team networking and coordination
- Advanced skill levels with Microsoft Office applications with strong emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid operational knowledge of the TeamMate electronic audit management tool or other comparable audit management tool.
- Experience in working with the Tableau tool is preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet aggressive targets in a high-energy and fast-paced environment, including ability to exercise strong time management in all areas of responsibility
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.