Treasury Analyst, Global Treasury Reconciliation
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Treasury Analyst joins a dedicated team who support a variety of critical responsibilities which ensures global financial settlement and reconciliations between Visa Inc., its Clients and partner Networks are performed Monday-Friday. The primary responsibilities for this position are: perform assigned daily Visa and Debit Processing Services Settlement funds transfer reconciliations, provide prompt investigation, detailed issues analysis and appropriate resolutions and/or escalations. Timeliness and accuracy are imperative.
This position allows daily functions to be mastered as well as the opportunity to periodically perform other functions of the team over time. In addition, this position requires demonstrated significant growth over time to understand the business and the technology used to perform their functions and those of the team. The Analyst will perform business analysis; actively participate in strategic initiatives, lead/support business, and systems enhancement initiatives directly affecting their area of daily responsibilities.
- Primary daily responsibility is to perform timely and error free financial reconciliation assigned functions inclusive of execution, research, analysis, documentation, issues resolution, reporting and appropriate escalation
- Perform data research and analysis to discover trends, uncover issues, support hypothesis, provide management information and make recommendations
- Demonstrate capability to think globally/strategically, turn information into insights, and drive results as well as be comfortable working many issues simultaneously and flexibility and ability to quickly prioritize amongst them
- Be self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively across functional lines to ensure all stakeholders needs are included and met
- Collaborate for continuous development of self and team in understanding intricate technical details of payment systems business, transaction data, routing, reconciliation and settlement funds transfers
- Prepare Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point, to manage issues and/or perform analysis, document issues and recommendations. Assist in the preparation of departmental presentations, training materials and procedures
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions to streamline existing operational processes and achieve results of enhanced productivity and increased efficiencies. Provide support for writing business requirements, use cases, user acceptance test scripts for IT applications as well as on occasion perform user acceptance testing
- Perform Settlement Funds Transfer execution functions periodically as directed with accuracy, timeliness and appropriate escalation
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years equivalent work experience is required
- Highly dependable and dedicated to team; ensure accuracy and great attention to detail with ability to thrive in a fast paced deadline driven environment with frequently changing priorities
- Ability to perform function from home (high speed internet connectivity) in an emergency and for periodic testing
- Proven ability to work independently, across cultures and time zones while anticipating deliverables needed by collaborating effectively with internal and external peers who may not share the same goals
- Good balance between business understanding and technical aptitude, with ability to connect business ideas to technical solutions and vice versa
- Good comprehension of control environment requirements, experience with various audits (e.g. internal, external, SOX, SSAE18)
- Excellent written and analytical skills, with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of payment system transaction flows; understanding of operational, liquidity and credit risk, bank account management and general ledger is desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- The Analyst will be required to complete assigned functions periodically at home to ensure business resumption capability.
- In addition, the analyst is required to work two or more US holidays per calendar year on a rotational basis within the team.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.