- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Application Support Team. Responsibilities will include managing and maintaining mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment and will be a liaison between the Product Office and Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security and other teams as required.
- Level 2 Application Support for applications and services at Visa
- Change, Incident and Problem management according to Visa guidelines
- Participate in change planning, deployment and review
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues and lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts
- Determine root cause of issues and document it in the appropriate system
- Project management for Information Technology initiatives Participate in on call rotation as assigned by manager
- Facilitate and attend meetings for Business and Information Technology initiatives
- Write and maintain programs and scripts to achieve Information Technology objectives
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and work with offshore teams to facilitate around the clock support for applications and services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in CS, Engineering or related field such as programming or software engineering
- At least 4 or more years’ experience with ETL Processing, Batch jobs and intermediate level of knowledge in Hadoop Ecosystem (Sqoop, Hive, HDFS File System/Partitioning, MapReducer, Spark and Impala, Oozie Workflow, Scala) and Data warehouse projects
- Intermediate level of experience for Kakfa, Zoop keeper architecture and integration
- At least 3 years’ experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team.
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and Perl Script technologies and WebSphere Application Server, MQ and Web Services
- Intermediate level of knowledge on UNIX/Linux/AIX/Windows OS.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Db2 UDB, Oracle DB’s, MYSQL, HBASE and Mongo DB is preferred, DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs
- Exceptional in handling scripting language (Shell script, Perl, Python, bash) and expertise in automation.
- Experience with BMC Remedy and ticketing workflows is preferred
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous.
- Should have a technical and business mindset
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.