Senior Software Engineer - Innovation Lab - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa opened its Singapore Innovation Center in 2016; a showcase center that helps Visa to demonstrate the art of the possible for clients and partners. You will be joining an awesome full stack team where we mix backend, frontend, and full stack engineers to build great things together.
You will be working side by side with our Innovation team, which is a global client facing organization that sets Visa’s public innovation agenda, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands and platform providers, and promotes hands on incubation and rapid prototyping. The Visa Innovation Center is looking for a technologist who can turn great ideas into code, quickly, and with high quality.
You will design and develop apps on existing and emerging platforms (mobile, web, chatbots, digital assistants, IoT, etc), as well as integration using traditional full-stack technologies like Node.js, Angular JS, and Java Spring. You will work in an agile development environment, with the opportunity to lead projects from end to end.
We don’t expect an expert in everything, but someone with a variety of skills, a strong technical mind and an eagerness to learn new technologies. This is a challenging and exciting role and we want a skilled individual who can bring technical talent, and an ability to tie it to business goals and product vision.
· Responsible for the quality and delivery of the innovation center projects including API services and/or mobile apps.
· Design solutions and communicate effectively to business and technical audiences.
· Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, scalability and maintainability.
· Willing and able to mentor junior team members.
· Engage with code review, pair programming, architecture and data model design sessions, and other team activities to drive improvements in code quality.
· Able to rapidly build mobile apps based on loose / incomplete business requirements, working with UX designers and product managers to refine things as they are built.
Outputs include but are not limited to:
· First and foremost, clean, working code.
· Functional technical requirements documents.
· Clear and concise documentation including technical requirements, interface descriptions and installation instructions.
· Bachelor's (or above) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
· 3+ Years Professional experience in software development.
· Working knowledge of Node.js, experience with other frameworks like Angular, React, Ember, Java Spring, etc. would be a plus.
· Strong at Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, efficiency, functional programming, concurrency & performance optimization.
· Working knowledge of Software engineering fundamentals in testing: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, etc.
· Strong communication and written skills, ability to communicate your ideas with others.
· Comfortable working in an agile development environment, eager to learn new technologies.
· Experience building micro-Services.
· Working knowledge of at least 1 mobile platform either iOS or Android using Swift or Kotlin.
· Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.