Chief Systems Architect
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions.
- Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering, and design and deploy cloud infrastructure build on top of open-source components.
- Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume, elastic, secure, and reliable using open source based Cloud solutions.
- Bring together cross-functional teams and build automation to deliver programmable and vendor-neutral infrastructure that transforms virtualization to new compute paradigm. Design the Cloud, and Container strategy around PaaS Solutions.
- Provide well-informed guidance regarding the application of the platform and other supporting technologies to assist in the deployment of private Cloud service offerings. Develop the company’s Private Cloud roadmap and extend functionality.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team during and after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of agile-innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization, and commoditization.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose while keeping technology relevant.
- No direct reports, and no managerial duties, or responsibilities. Individual contributor level position.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field and 10 years of work experience
- 6 years of experience designing, architecture, and deployment experience of OpenStack;
- 1 year of experience designing and implementation of Microservices architecture (containers solutions) Kubernetes, and Docker Containers;
- 10 years of experience designing, architecture, and deployment experience of VMWare vSphere Clouds;
- 10 years of experience with System Administration on Linux and Unix environments;
- 10 years of experience with Virtualization/Cloud (VMWare, OpenStack) and Storage (SAN/NAS) technologies and Operations experience;
- 1 year of experience building standards and best practices as it relates to containers (Kubernetes & Dockers) software development life cycle, deployments, infrastructure as code and monitoring of distributed applications using Jenkins, Ansible and other tools;
- 1 year of experience on supporting Container (Kubernents and Docker) Operations (Configuration, deployment and Provisioning) on day-to-day basis;
- 9 years of experience with Storage (SAN/NAS) technologies and Operations experience; and,
- 1 year of Automation Chef/Ansible experience.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.