Head of Germany Debit Issuer Processing
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Germany Debit Issuer Processing, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Head of Germany Debit Issuer Processing will be responsible for the overall management and direction of Visa's Debit issuer processing business unit (DPS) in Germany. The role requires extensive interactions with Visa Inc. leadership across a range of areas and with clients, prospects, and partners. The leader will be responsible for building and delivering the Germany issuer processing operating plan, including building a business model to consider the following:
- Regional Annual Product Plan – Build annual product plan, including identifying key initiatives, product needs and revenue forecasting coordinated thru a global team
- Strategy and New Use Cases – Lead development of key strategic questions for Visa Europe Debit Processing, e.g. Expansion of New Products and services, new use cases, competitive positioning and pricing
- Business Reviews – Develop and lead regular performance management reviews, internal communications, and governance processes
- Pricing and Incentive Framework – Contribute to the development and maintenance of a regional pricing framework to support deal management process for sales efforts. Work within global pricing strategy/policy, pricing operations, etc.
- Partnership - Identify and build partnerships with key points of issuer processing and enablement in Germany.
This is a matrix, cross functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with other specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, client consulting, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing and corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, interchange/pricing, and finance to coordinate the build, launch and support Debit Processing. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy and business growth with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
What we’re after…
- Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products
- High level of experience, including at least eight years in leadership, product management, strategy and/or management consulting
- Payment industry knowledge is required
- Successful experience leading business units (including P&L responsibility) and teams is required
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Excellent English and German communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, active listening) are required.
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams required
- Travel 25-30% in this role
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.