Staff Systems Engineer - Technology Governance
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Establish requirements, formalize designs, and lead the formation of frameworks to support the proprietary Technology Governance system.
- Develops, monitors, and enforces established Technology Governance policies and procedures, governance processes and methodologies for technology standards and technology registration processes
- Assure proper Technology Governance by establishing, implementing, managing, and maintaining policies and procedures and standards facilitating, and coordinating IT governance activities across department units through system automation.
- Interfaces with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership and external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, and to deliver quality services
- Utilizes data-driven approaches and methodologies to reduce IT process gaps and enhance process effectiveness through automation.
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures and standards applicability, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to plan, direct and review activities of technical personnel.
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer services and provide regular technical reports both verbal and statistical showing status of ongoing projects.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in a Software Development or Infrastructure Engineering role for Platform Services with a preference for 4 years in an Architectural role managing Technology Standards
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Computer Science with relevant industry experience
- Preference Software development background in Java, .Net, & Web technologies supporting end user interface development
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.