Senior Director, Head of Business Solutions – AUNZSP
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for an experienced and passionate business person to join our Business Solutions team in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific (AUNZSP) who will use their ability to develop strategy combined with strong execution skills to deliver key initiatives across AUNZSP.
You'll be involved in leading the execution of our business solutions strategy and working with the local leadership team, regional and global teams in delivering the plan for the business in AUNZSP.
A natural collaborator, you will act as the subject matter expert of business solutions for Visa in AUNZSP, while also bringing together (in consultation with key functional teams) new clients, new partners, key corridors and subject matter experts to facilitate the growth of Visa Business Solutions in AUNZSP.
This role would ideally suit someone who enjoys new opportunities and working in an innovative and invigorating environment which offers an immense growth potential for B2B business.
What a Senior Director does at Visa:
- Be responsible for leading all business development activities to drive expansion of Visa Business Solutions, across new clients, new partners and identify and deliver new revenue pools for this market.
- Set joint objectives and support performance targets for the function based on a strategic plan built with the Head of Business Solutions, Asia Pacific.
- Target and deliver bespoke Visa business solutions to the commercial sector, targeting Large Corporates, SME, Middle Market Enterprise and Government Segments.
- Manage a team, targeting and driving new volume and revenue with our commercial issuers.
- Responsible for formulating and executing on Business Solutions go-to-market approaches across the range of business solutions Visa offers in sync with Regional and Global objectives.
- Manage deployment of Visa’s payment solutions and B2B platform partnership programs to gain market share and accelerate Cards in Force (CIF) and Payment Volume (PV) and revenue growth.
- Manage the team’s interaction with clients to identify customer needs and improve the value proposition of their solutions.
- In collaboration with the Business Solutions Hub team to design and deliver business cases for new payment / technology / innovation initiatives which will require engaging players in the FinTech, government and acceptance value chains, establishing new partner / vendor/ enabler / joint venture integration with capabilities to establish and sustain Visa’s competitive advantage.
- A key senior leader within the AUNZSP business contributing to the country strategy and objectives.
- Execute the non-card based business including B2B Connect, working through market players including banks and partnering companies that supports the ecosystem.
Skills, experience and capabilities
What you will need:
- Strong experience working directly with and influencing clients, as well as internal leadership teams and executives.
- Have worked in top-tier financial institutions, consulting firm, payments network or financial services firm where you have developed strategies, led business development teams with individual goals and implemented the plan.
- Experience in managing and working in institutional banking / Finance companies / Transaction Services / Payment Technology companies in a leadership position, leading successful business development efforts in the corporate / B2B segment.
- Knowledge of product development, strategy, operating plans and execution, data driven insights, business acumen and finance
- Outstanding experience in strategy development and execution
- Strong and successful track record of stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of an organisation
- A passion and energy for people management and people development
- Bachelor/Masters of Business, Commerce, or Technology preferred.
What will also help:
- Solid understanding of the payment industry and domestic and cross border payment flows
- Knowledge of new developments in the payments industry, challenges therein, industry participants, regulatory changes, key market participants and have a view of the future of the payments ecosystem
You will be a part of:
- Regional VBS Leadership team and part of the AUNZSP Product Leadership teams
- A team driving B2B payments for domestic and international flows
- A growing payments ecosystem that offer both card based and non-card based solutions
- Creating new payment experiences and flows
- Working with Visa teams in other parts of the world
- Analyses business opportunities to increase volume and share implementing both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability
- Define and build business cases and models, with new partners considering incremental distribution channels to drive the Visa business
- Help implement Business Solutions with issuers that improve the customer experience; increase revenue generation; and enhance mutual profitability
- Leverage appropriate Visa assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional business/issuer/acquirer value
- In partnership with Regional and Global Business Solutions, Product, Merchant Sales, Client Support and marketing teams resources, contribute to developing market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for portfolio growth and innovation
- Actively contribute to individual market development efforts
- Serve as a key spokesperson and voice for Business Solutions in AUNZSP
- Experience in managing and operating a multi-functional team in a matrix environment
- A proven leader who is results driven and takes a disciplined approach to achieve results
- Be a role model in everything that you do and a champion of Visa’s leadership principles
Why this is important to Visa
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. We are able to do this through our global network that connects all the participants.
VBS is a key business segment which has a strong growth potential. This business rests on growing the penetration in the business segment, drawing in potential clients into the network and helping issuers address critical market demands of payments.
We not only support card based payments, but as a payment service provider are moving towards serving the needs of the business segment for non-card based payments as well, and providing other value added service.
We are committed towards building a viable and committed payment ecosystem of payments worldwide.