Vice President, Global Product Development and MAPPD Site Lead
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) is a Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Team. This group is responsible for building leading edge full-service Payment Solutions for our customers by combining global payment processing, fraud management, payment security and reporting systems. We are a group of bright, motivated engineers and technical managers excited about building the next generation of Payment products that will drive e-Commerce, mobile-Commerce as well as POS businesses for our customers.
Reporting to Visa’s SVP of MAP PD, this position is responsible for working closely with technology partners and have the vision and strategy to get MAP PD API’s integrated into the technology partner offerings and readily be available for their clients to use for their payment management needs.
As the head of the MAP PD team in Bangalore, you will foster collaboration across global business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and change leadership. Building and maintaining strong internal customer relationships is essential, as this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff and system integrators on a daily basis to ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with global initiatives.
You will be responsible to build and manage a development team of approximately 250 technologists focused on delivering key technical solutions in the domain of Payments, Risk, Business Tools and Platform Infrastructure. This is one of the key areas of focus for this role and requires leadership skills focused on dealing with multiple stakeholders to understand their needs clearly and propose and build highly scalable, secure and reliable technical solutions to meet clients’ demands. You will be responsible for establishing a culture of engineering excellence while maintaining a strong focus on security and operational excellence.
You will manage an outsourcing team working with selected strategic Visa technology partners. This engagement is foundational to our business acceleration strategy and represents a significant lever to scale MAP PD’s overall delivery capacity. You will guide the engagement and governance models and ensure deliverables meet quality and timeline requirements.
You will be responsible for hiring top talent to grow the local leadership team and to keep the organization highly engaged and motivated, delivering exceptional results. Your ability to work across functions and teams will allow you to ensure alignment of priorities and goals, driving for results and fostering the right culture and the right environment to achieve excellence and innovation.
As the MAPPD site leader for Bangalore, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating activities that cut across MAPPD’s entire local employee base. As part of the site’s leadership team, you will support the design and execution of strategies to build and represent Visa’s brand as a preferred destination for top Technology talent, enabling the growth of a site that is critical to the success of our business strategy. Additionally, you will serve as a mentor and coach to build the leadership capabilities at the site, with a special focus on the Sr. Directors leading each of the Technology functions represented in Bangalore.
- Head of Development for all product areas represented in BLR (ENT Payments, Risk, Business Tools and Platform; A.Net and Global Services)
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of developers who use agile practices and the scrum framework for the planning, execution and delivery of products.
- Partner closely with business to establish product development priorities and roadmap
- Own design and delivery of all related roadmap items
- Establish a culture of engineering excellence
- Maintain strong focus on security and operational excellence
- Drive the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables.
- Dotted line responsibility for all Global MAP PD functions in BLR (i.e. PMO, TPM, ASE and SRE)
- Manage outsourcing model to enable business acceleration efforts
- Own related engagement and governance models
- Ensure deliverables meet our quality and timeline requirements
- Enable regional business objectives
- PD partner for APAC MSS team
- Enable business in key markets like India
- Establish a culture that values ownership, accountability and creates an environment that enables innovation and continuous improvement
- Foster end to end ownership of product domains locally
- Partner with other PD leads to establish site level ownership
- Enable team to become deep SMEs for owned domains
- Provide MAPPD site leadership
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador
- Partner with HR leadership to influence and strategize on the local Employee Value Proposition to attract and retain the best talent and enable leadership development, L&D and talent management practices.
- Enable collaboration across the development teams, driving an innovative culture with a focus on productivity.
- Influence site leadership on workforce planning, optimal organizational structure and portfolio ownership.
- Champion collaboration with the regional business team
- Provide vocal and visible support for local ERGs and volunteer programs
- Mentor and coach the site’s senior leaders
- Bachelors or Masters with a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- BA/MBA business with product management experience a plus.
- 15+ years relevant work experience
- 10+ years of technical leadership experience
- 10+ years of people management experience (preferably managing project managers)
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices.
- Prior experience in the area of management of delivering technical solutions to clients is a plus
- International Experience a plus
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC principles and practices.
- Previous experience in managing a large portfolio of projects.
- Deep experience in managing complex programs delivered by globally distributed teams.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole.
- Independent judgment and mature decision making skills to deal with programs that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant financial and compliance impacts.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed to support the strategic goals.
- Experience with online/ecommerce, payment processing, and/or financial systems a plus