Business Operations Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa’s Corporate IT organization is made up of several teams that all work towards the same goal; To build, operate, and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business. With our mission in mind, we work to ensure the world is connected through the most advanced and innovative digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
We prioritize delightful user experiences. We do not take orders; rather, we build deep partnerships with our business partners and champion proactive new ways technology can advance our business into the future.
The Business Analyst role resides on the CIT Business Operations team and directly supports Visa’s Chief Information Officer (CIO). The team is responsible for ensuring that Corporate ITs business functions and projects are planned, managed, executed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced business management professional with the ability to seamlessly flex between the strategic and the tactical. This role requires driving project & portfolio management, executing strategic initiative program management, and executive reporting activities. The team is focused on improving efficiencies, transparency, consistency and collaboration within the CIT organization and other key cross-functional stakeholders. Must have high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and often time ambiguous environment. This position interacts with a wide range of stakeholders both within CIT and also with cross-functional teams, including project managers, Finance, HR, as well as senior leadership.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in managing technically complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder process improvement initiatives
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with an attention to detail. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels, capable of summarizing and communicating key financial information and business strategy at an executive level
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management, methodologies, and best practices
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations
- PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certification a plus
- Experience in the Payments and/or Technology industry a plus
- Guide CIT through processes that help them come to solutions and make decisions.
- As a change agent, discover opportunities for process improvements, pilot and then drive on a larger scale
- Implement Visa Program Management Methodology (PMM) required project gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile mindset
- Provide oversight and coordination of processes to ensure financial objectives are met, including month end close, and reporting requriements.
- Build processes that meet CITs business objectives and ensure compliance and completeness
- Assist with Executive reporting, dashboards, and operational Technology metrics focusing on continuous improvement and evolution to maximize decision making and executive visibility.
- Develop KPIs, dashboards, and other program health tracking mechanisms to provide visibility to key stakeholders on large scale programs. This will include working with key stakeholders to define key performance measures, driving program analytics, and supporting broader program management efforts.
- Program management of multiple, cross functional, global development projects to support CITs goal of reducing technical debit.
- Comprehensive, day-to-day business management functions to support the Chief Information Officer (CIO) Office are also required.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
- This position requires the incumbent to work during core business hours