Senior Account Manager
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
NOTE: This is not a Sales position.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Considered the functional expert for their client's processing and operational business.
Provide insight and input within cross functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services which may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, and transaction research.
Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization. Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services. Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans. Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing and transaction processing.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- At least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgment
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively using project management principles
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Advanced comfort level with public speaking
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advance Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including cost allocation methods a plus
- Provide high value customer service support on day-to-day items to Visa Clients and internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; advocate on behalf of the clients
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives
- Ensure prompt and comprehensive resolution of client inquiries as well as create and maintain updated support documentation – meeting required deadlines
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure enhancements are prioritized
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to senior management
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, and system enhancement support
- Educate and train clients on best practices for all supported services
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages
- Stay current with the payment industry and client trends as well as maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- On call support and possible weekend hours
- Domestic travel may be required
- Produce yearly customer and departmental reporting for tracking customer or service issues
- Present client analysis to peers and leadership
- Develop and provide presentations to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Coach all new staff and recognize training opportunities for all staff
- Provide leadership and communication; responsible for escalating to department management when issues arise that might jeopardize problem resolution
Incumbent must work within business hours
Incumbent may be required to travel 10% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.