Sr. Systems Administrator
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. needs a Sr. Systems Administrator to be responsible for providing systems and application support across, in particular the Visa Corporate systems environment. This position requires applying root cause operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running. This is a professional level position and requires strong execution and analytical abilities.
The successful candidate will be a member of the End User Operations team who is in change in maintaining and ensuring that the Corporate Productivity Applications are running at the optimum level. The team is also in charge in administering the Windows and Linux server OS and its relevant components, Hardware and Virtual based platform where most of the corporate applications are running.
Provide Systems Administration to core Corporate IT Windows Server Platforms and Application like Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop for App and Desktop Virtualization. Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 (on Premise) and O365 (Cloud), Skype for Business/MS Teams, Active Directory.
Build and develop automation solutions of manual tasks performed by the Infrastructure support/administrators by using Powershell and other relevant scripting technologies.
Develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist the global team in problem resolution by hands-on participation.
Support the development and incorporation of best practices and approaches into the company´s processes and methodologies.
Participate in determination of root cause/solution analysis for service failure and support escalation.
Perform a system/server security remediation and ensure that the system and application are on up to date patch levels and conform to the security standard.
Operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, pro-active review of processes and procedures to continually enhance service quality, service delivery and support.
Willing to work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Lines.
The candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives.
Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication.
Execute decisive action to preserve and maintain service availability, performance, integrity, capacity and security.
Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues and lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts.
Work with Engineering teams (Windows, UNIX/Linux, Network, Storage and Middleware) to translate application requirements into system requirements.
Maintain, enhance and support, through problem analysis and resolution for the supported applications
Will be expected to work on-call rotation.
Experience with SAAS base application Service Now, MS Azure, and O365.
Experience with system health and performance monitoring tools.
Knowledge of the content replication tool Global SFTP, Repliweb or any.
Application performance and data optimization (including network optimization).
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Able to multi task and make decisions based on technical knowledge.
Motivated personality who is able to proactively identify additional ways to add value and contribute to a technical team.
Experience working with offshore and globally distributed teams.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of systems administrator experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop for App and Desktop Virtualization. Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 (on Premise) and O365 (Cloud), Skype for Business/MS Teams, Active Directory.
- Experience with Windows server 2016/2012/2008 and VMware.
- Experience in Unix (especially Linux Red Hat) System administration activities is a plus.
- Automation using PowerShell scripting.
- Good problem solving skills with focus on troubleshooting issues in complex production environments.
- Willing to learn new technologies and software, thinking out of the box, questioning the norm and innovative.
- Will work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Lines.
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication. A good team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in a global environment
- Experience leading and collaborating with small to medium sized teams working in an onsite/offshore mode
- Operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, pro-active review of processes and procedures to continually enhance service quality, service delivery and support.
- Will work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Line.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives.
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication
“This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.”
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.