Sr. Software Engineer (Java/J2EE full stack)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer as a full stack Java/J2EE developer for the Business Solution Product Development team. The Business Solutions Product Development team is part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- As part of a cross functional scrum team, design, develop & test new applications and maintain existing applications
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices.
- Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing Business Solutions applications codebase
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software industry
- Proficient in Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience in frameworks like Spring, Sprint MVC, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Services Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML
- Proficient in GIT/Stash, Maven
- Experience being part of a Agile/Scrum team
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.