Lead Software Engineer Big Data - Data Product Development
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Loyalty Product Solutions team is part of Visa's Data group. Our mission is to enable technology and solutions to manage marketing and loyalty programs that help increase transaction volumes for Issuers, merchants, helping them to grow their business with solutions that enable issuers, acquirers and merchants of all sizes to deliver targeted offers and rewards to Visa cardholders.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with Big Data systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. This position reports to a Director of Visa Loyalty Programs in Singapore and will be based in Singapore. The successful candidate will be a Sr. Staff Software Engineer in the Loyalty applications area.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of software design and development experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in building large scale applications using open source technologies. Design and coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base or equivalent
- Full Stack Software Development experience in of large scale mission critical applications.
- Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions. Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem – Spark, HBase, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka etc.
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions Spark streaming, Kafka, NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase, MongoDB and data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.