- Bellevue, WA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa has a great toolbox of leading technologies including CyberSource and Authorize.Net. Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
We are looking for talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate engineers who embrace challenges and are proven problem solvers. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will learn the full project lifecycle from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production). You will get excellent ecommerce experience that will help you throughout your career.
You will be working with colleagues who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Teams consist of a Dev Manager, QA Manager, developers, QA engineers, scrum master, and product owner with local Configuration Management and Database Engineering support.
- We expect our engineers to do much more than just writing code. They will:
- Write optimized, secure and scalable code
- Partner closely with multi-functional teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our merchants
- Be comfortable in leading communication with non-technical teams
- Work with the architecture team on research & analyses of newer technologies for the next generation of Payment Services
- Come up with creative solutions to solve problems
- Help our clients to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their busines
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience
- Working knowledge in at least one of the object oriented languages (Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Concepts, Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems Design Concepts and Computer Science fundamentals
- Driven and self-motivated; work creatively to solve challenging problems
- Willingness to work with different technologies
- Knowledge/experience in one of the server-side web application framework and languages (i.e. Java/Spring, JS/Node, C#/.Net MVC or .NET Web API)
- Familiarity with Authentication and Authorization standards (i.e. OAuth, SAML)
- Knowledge/experience in designing and building RESTful APIs
- Understanding of OWASP security principles
- Knowledge/experience building responsive Single Page Applications that consume REST services
- Familiarity with browser(s) architecture, rendering process, sandbox architecture
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Familiarity with Github
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.