Senior Director, Business Intelligence Solutions - Arlington, VA or Foster City, CA
- Arlington, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
THE JOB LOCATION CAN BE FOSTER CITY, CA OR ARLINGTON, VA.
We are looking for a highly motivated and data-oriented individual to lead our Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions team and raise the bar on solutions that drive fact-based decisions. Visa has built a single source of truth (SSOT) for our key data sources and business metrics, and we build BI solutions on top of that for our internal business partners to make it easy to have insights at their fingertips. Senior Director of BI Solutions is a key leadership role within Global Data and BI product organization, and will be responsible for owning the vision, strategy, and implementation of internal Business Intelligence solutions for global as well as North America region.
You will lead a team of BI designers and developers who work closely with our internal business functions to deliver solutions that are used by hundreds of users globally. You will ensure that BI Solutions delivered by the team are effective, high-quality, increase data literacy, and utilize certified data definitions and sources. Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, payments and BI delivery knowledge, excellent communication at all levels, and technical understanding of BI and data tools.
This role requires working cross functions, so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical. This role will interface across all regions and multiple markets and engage with product, finance, sales, merchant, client consulting, operations, and technology, to build, launch and support of new and existing BI Solutions. We are looking for individual that pays attention to detail, with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with changing priorities, and have an ability to correlate data with business drivers. This position may require occasional travel to regions.
- Own vision, strategy, and implementation of internal Business Intelligence solutions for global functions as well as North America region.
- Lead a team of ~10 FTEs and 15+ contract and consulting staff
- Proactively engage to understand opportunities and challenges of internal business teams, and deliver reporting and analyses to meet those needs.
- Gather requirements for data, reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Closely coordinate with Data, Technology and other teams to understand the data sources, certified definitions and tool sets to deliver on those requirements
- Present analyses and BI solutions to users, stakeholders and executives.
- Measure the adoption and business impact of the BI solutions delivered, and publish internal case studies to share the successes.
- Evangelize our data-driven decision making as a competitive advantage including presenting to business partners, communicating with internal leaders, and building a network of BI Solutions developers.
- Develop best practices for BI Development in conjunction with regional BI teams.
- Automate reporting
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- 7+ years experience in BI solution development, and 5+ years leading analytical and BI teams, with a proven track record of delivering actionable analysis to business decision makers.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on serving internal clients
- Ability to lead a team of high-performing team of BI development professionals in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to quickly grasp business goals/KPI's and develop solutions to support measurements against those goals to drive success
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of the organization gathering requirements and communicating outputs including top-level executives
- Expert level hands-on experience in SQL and data structures with ability to work with very large datasets.
- Deep expertise with data visualization tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of finding problems, taking initiative, and executing on your own ideas
- A proven self-starter, setting your own deliverables, and then executing them
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary. Active listening skills required
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional effort to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge is a plus, but not required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.