Application Support Programmer Analyst, Web Application
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role is responsible for contributing to the overall integrity and availability of the Debit Processing Switch & Prepaid and associated applications.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems that have a medium to large impact on the business.
- Maintenance and support of Open systems applications for Debit/Prepaid services
- Perform 2nd and 3rd level Incident management for the production and/or certification environments through a 24x7 rotating support model.
- Research and implement bug fix programming changes and utilize development SME's as appropriate.
- Implement various levels of One-Off and BAU requests.
- Work with 1st and 2nd level support teams to identify and implement application fixes and enhancements to increase efficiency and ease of use.
- Work with application software development on the implementation and support of software maintenance releases.
- Creating/updating documentation on vital install procedures or research techniques
- Support client implementation projects as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to Client Services, Network Operations, Coverage and Implementations.
- Assist in the testing and certification of new 3rd Party software, as needed.
- Serve as a trusted resource for the applications to various departments throughout the organization.
- Serve as support representative for cross organizational initiatives.
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity and teamwork.
- Work cross organizationally to ensure problems are solved promptly and effectively.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- 1-2 years of SQL Server, stored procedures, database design required.
- Ability to work in RESTful & SOAP web services & JSON is required
- Strong UNIX/Linux background required
- Experience with developing applications using Eclipse or IntelliJ is a plus
- Experience in Supporting/implementing web based applications is a plus
- 1-2 years of experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS), Git, Maven preferred.
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing is considered a plus
- Collaborative, team oriented style
- Displays leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.