Analyst, Benchmarking - Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Within VCA, the Benchmarking & Scorecards team uses a proven benchmarking methodology to deliver industry performance benchmarks to our clients that are unavailable from any other source. This team drives tangible and impactful financial results for Visa clients by identifying opportunities and using industry expertise and Visa’s technology capabilities to develop and change client strategies. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with various types of Visa clients, including issuers such as large multi-regional, regional and community financial institutions. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and a valued, long-term business partner.
We are currently looking for an analyst to support the team on strategic benchmarking engagements. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or finance experience (payments experience a plus).
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
- How should a credit card issuer use digital and emerging technology to acquire and retain the best customers?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic team member to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practice:
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
- Experience in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology, FinTech and digital
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.