Director, Product Strategy - DPS
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa DPS is a product division within Visa, Inc. that drives payments innovation through unique market leading issuer processing platforms and product solutions. As Director, Visa DPS Strategy, this position will work closely with various teams across Visa to successfully launch, commercialize and scale our business in new products, markets, and channels.
This position will translate market needs into business and technical requirements for digital solutions. The role requires a broad range of skills – familiarity with digital payment technologies and the ability to identify opportunities.
The primary responsibility will be:
- Deployment of a next generation issuer processing platform to structure projects and/or programs across emerging fintech uses cases.
- Responsible for managing multiple initiatives including business case development, funding needs and P&L.
- Define and track project milestones.
- Provide project status reports.
- Oversee scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Represent the team in various project update meetings and be part of client meeting to guide them in the process.
- Responsible for early identification of issues, determining potential resolutions, communicating status, tracking and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Development of go-to-market (GTM) solutions and overall commercialization.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD Professional/Technical/Business
- Experience in chip, contact and contactless technologies
- Knowledge of Digital Payments, including issuer processing technologies
- Credit/Debit/Prepaid cards and financial / payment industry knowledge
- Technical background and hands-on experience
- Product Development or Project Management experience working in agile methodology
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary
- Project management in high-tech industry or consulting services
- Experience incorporating technology into real business applications
- Experience preparing comprehensive competitive analysis, RFIs and RFPs
- Experience in product development
- Experience in a range of functions including strategy, marketing, operations and finance
- International exposure and experience (Europe, Asia Pacific)
- Knowledge / Experience working with APIs
- Consulting services with international exposure
- Sales, marketing and product development
- Track record of increasing responsibility
- Ability to communicate with both business and technology leaders, with a strong understanding of business data requirements and technology capabilities and an ability to make technical concepts accessible to non-technical audiences.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.