- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Business Solutions Product Development team is a part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing multiple products and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions.
As a Director, you will build, manage and lead a world-class team of software development engineers to develop, maintain and support Visa’s Business Solutions products. This includes implementing processes that enable the team to function with a high degree of efficiency and to effectively collaborate with Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Cybersecurity staff, Operations Managers and other Technology staff across the company.
- Responsible for the end to end software development life cycle and managing complex Business Solutions products with significant bottom line impact
- Work with remote teams
- Work with product owners in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation process, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Collaborate, negotiate, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas with business partners
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field with a minimum of 12 years of experience in Software Development with at least 3 years of experience in a software development management or development team lead role.
- Proven successful hands-on experience in managing the development and implementation of large-scale enterprise software and data processing solutions with such technologies as Java, Hadoop big data technologies, No SQL databases, and HBASE, RDMS products including DB2 and SQL Server, Web Services and related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL, JSON, Rest etc.), Spring, Hibernate & related open source frameworks
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way. Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support organizational plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and manage agile, scrum-based technology teams distributed across multiple geographical locations
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs. Strong business and technical vision.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience with payments processing systems is desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.