Senior Director - Program Management, Accelerated Delivery Team - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Senior Director - Program Management , we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The global Product organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
The Accelerated Delivery team for Product is accountable for successful commercial launches in close collaboration with our Product teams and major ecosystem partners. We are seeking a lead to build a new team in London and oversee a team of three Program Managers responsible for a portfolio of complex programs.
If you are a self-starter who enjoys leading and building teams, being the connective tissue keeping all stakeholders coordinated across the entire program lifecycle, and you want to be responsible for successful outcomes impacting the future growth of Visa – then this is the team for you!
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You’ll create strategic alliances with relevant stakeholders across organization to accelerate delivery of product priorities.
- You’ll motivate cross-functional teams toward the achievement of program goals and communicate a compelling strategy for how to utilize all stakeholders' functional skills and capabilities.
- You’ll possess strong diplomacy skills and foster goodwill between different groups and functions, exhibiting a 'one company' mindset.
- You’ll connect the dots across the portfolio and identify opportunities to improve delivery performance and create value for the organization.
- You’ll anticipate stakeholder needs and ensures processes and cross-functional communications are in place to maximize impact and speed of delivery.
- You’ll predict process gaps, roadblocks, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies with ease.
- You’ll conscientiously communicate how project team members are performing, and subsequently, mentor and coach them to reach their potential.
- You’ll coach the organization how to be proactive about identifying problems, resolution, and opportunities; and on the practices of SAFe and underlying Lean and Agile Principles.
- You’ll demonstrates thorough expertise of the technical aspects of product development and be sought out by others as an expert on successfully delivering at Visa.
- Work with senior Product leaders to understand their product strategy and priorities and construct a portfolio of accelerated delivery projects and programs to deliver their goals.
- Define program structures including roles and accountabilities of program managers, program governance models, and progress reporting structure to meet the product owners objectives.
- Monitor and review the team’s work product including providing guidance and coaching to improve outcomes.
- Manage large complex programs working for the Product / Solution leads including working across teams to ensure successful delivery
- Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders, including interactions with strategic partner executives
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-department forums and publishes periodic project status reports
What we’re after…
- You have advanced experience in a fast-paced environment navigating ambiguity successfully, most likely in product, product development, or large complex projects in a matrix organization
- You know how to build, develop, and motivate a team highly sought after program managers
- You are self-motivated and highly driven. You have get-things-done DNA. You have an Agile mindset.
- You are always learning and comfortable with constant change.
- You bring a start-up mindset to your program management approach ... you see needs and fill them.
- You are an excellent problem-solver and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- You are detail oriented and proven ability to manage multiple, cross-functional initiatives with overlapping timelines and deliverables
- You are a great listener and can communicate clearly with many types of people.
- You put a premium on strong working relationships and know how to use diplomacy to get things done.
- You have great judgement and show grace under pressure.
- You are trusted by senior leaders who come to you find out “what is really going on.” You are not afraid to tell it like it is.
- You build momentum for change and carry the team across the finish line in making it happen.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.